WE CAN IMPROVE YOUR COMPAINES FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE AGAINST FIRES
WHY MUST REGULAR CHECKS BE DONE ON MY EXTINGUISHERS?
A: The contents in a fire extinguisher are under pressureand held at a maximum. Even if just for a small fire or demonstration; and little of the contents are used. A cylinder will lose its pressure, especially once the trigger is released.
Even an extinguisher that is brand new and never used should undergo some type of maintenance and be placed by a certified technician as small details such as
( dents, scratches, faulty seals and triggers, asymmetrical ) may go underlooked and COULD prevent the fire extinguisher from working properly.
HOW MANY FIRE EXTINGUISHERS SHOULD MY PREMISES HAVE?
A: The number of fire extinguishers needed on a site is dependant upon several factors.
These factors are determined by the locations: size, building complexities, number of levels, what it contains and its primary function
(residence, commercial, food service, etc.)
These factors as well as the locations and placement of each fire extinguisher should be assessed and inspected by a certified technician prior to operating your business. Records and inspections should be carried out routinely to ensure the integrity of each device has not be compromised and will work effectively in the event of a fire. Tuxedo Steam Cleaing can provide all necessary services to ensure you business is compliant with all regulations.
Fire Extinguisher Services include:
- annual inspections, maintenance and functional tests for fire extinguishers
- hydrostatic testing
- locate assessment
- pressurer indicator functionality, hose/nozzle review,
- hazard assessment, WHMIS and certification labels
- ensure operating instructions are legible and clear
- safety seals and tamper indicators are not compromised or missing
- inspect for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage or clogged nozzle
- inspect cylinder integrity (asymmetrical, bulges, pressure checks)
- Identify that the pressure gauge reading or indicator is in the operational range or position
- ensure extinguishers are in proper operating condition